Notice of Annual General Meeting 2022
Member of the Head and Neck Cancer Support Network, Friends and Whānau are invited to attend our Annual General Meeting 2022
Topic: Head & Neck Cancer Support Network Annual General Meeting
Time: May 29, 2022 07:00 PM Auckland, Wellington
Meeting ID: 845 2073 5143
You need a password to enter the meeting. Passcode: 044269
You will need to give access to your computer video and microphone. A headset may be useful for you. If you have not used Zoom before you may find this link useful. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360034967471-Getting-started-guide-for-new-users
You and your whanau are all invited to attend.
Please find attached -
- Annual Report 2022.pdf.
- AGM Minutes 2021 (3).pdf
- A link to a form to register your membership, and nominate members to the Board.
- A link to a Members Survey where you can give your feedback on the performance of the Network over the year.
We encourage you and your family to register as members of the Network. We look forward to you joining us and participating in the management of the Network.
The following community members have volunteered to serve on the Head and Neck Cancer Support Network Board in 2022/3
Chair of the Network:
- Diana has Chaired the Board since 2017. She brings to her role experience in the not for profit sector, governance, project management and advocacy skills. You can find out more about Diana here. Link to short video (1.20 minutes) or https://www.linkedin.com/in/dianaayling/
Board Membership: The following people are seeking election to the Board for 2022/3.
Heather Anderson: Heather has been the Secretary of the Network since 2017. She is an administrator of the Head and Neck Cancer Facebook group. Heather bring years of voluntary and business experience to her role. Heather leads our connect and support projects. https://www.facebook.com/heather.anderson.5283166
Brian Sheppard: Brian is a seasoned advocate for health services. He is actively engaged in community development in the Wellington region. Brian brings to his role knowledge of government and his networks and connections in the Cancer Society. https://www.facebook.com/brian.sheppard.12914
Gaynor Anderson: Gaynor is an experienced health care professional who understands the complexities of the health system. She brings to her role strong skills in strategic thinking and project management. https://www.linkedin.com/in/gaynor-anderson-mcips-03003325/
Bridie Murphy: Bridie is a legal professional with an understanding of community needs. She has a background in the not for profit sector. Bridie brings experience in head and neck cancer and advocacy to her role. https://www.linkedin.com/in/bridie-murphy-23293832/
Sean Woods: As the newest member seeking election to the Board, Sean has provided his own introduction.
In 2012 I was diagnosed with SCC of the right side of my neck which resulted in surgery which consisted of Radical Neck Dissection of the right side , Major dissection of the left side , Total Laryngectomy and an Ulnar Free Flap .
I live and travel New Zealand in our 9 metre bus with my partner Louise which we have done for the last 6 years , but we do got back to Australia once a year to visit with family , Lou’s family is there and I have a mother and brother there .
I come from and engineering background having served my apprenticeship at the Naval Dockyards then later years moved into building .
I enjoy fishing both fresh water and salt , fresh being my first choice and I’m lucky to be able to travel to do so . McKenzie Country is my favourite part of the country , with the lakes , canals and rivers to fish .
My cancer journey has been challenging to say the lest , the first 2/3 years was pure hell but fortunately I have made it this far and continue to live like there is no tomorrow . My journey gives me an understanding and insight as to what others feel and go through dealing with Tracheotomies, valves etc .
Head and Neck Cancer Support Network AGM
Head and Neck Cancer Support Network
2/23 Marama Ave, Auckland, 1023
29 May 2022
Notice of the Annual General Meeting of Head and Neck Cancer Support Network
This is to advise you of the upcoming Annual General Meeting of the members of the Head and Neck Cancer Support Network.. The details of this meeting are as follows:
Sunday 29 May 2022
Online (Details attached)
- the agenda for this meeting
- the minutes of the last annual general meeting.
- the Chair's Annual Report
- the Treasurer's Report
- A Proxy Voting Form
At the meeting, members will have the opportunity to:
- find out about Head and Neck Cancer Support Network’’s operations and finances
- ask questions about the operations and finances of Head and Neck Cancer Support Network
- speak about any items on the agenda
- vote on any resolutions proposed.
At the meeting, members will be asked to vote to:
- accept the minutes of the last annual general meeting
- accept the annual report
- accept the treasurer's report
- accept the annual financial statements
- elect a Chair and board members
Nominations for the Board
- To be confirmed.
- General Business
The following special resolution/s will be proposed at the annual general meeting:
Details of proxy appointment or reference to attached proxy appointment
- According to the rules of the Head and Neck Cancer Support Network you may appoint a proxy to vote on your behalf.
- If you wish to appoint a proxy please fill out the form attached and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org
See a link to the form above.