The Auckland/Northland review of regional head and neck services was completed this year. The Working Group was disestablished and a new Oversight Group established. The first meeting of the Oversight Group was held last week.
Alisa Clare, Chief Executive of the Auckland District Health Board, launched the new group. She outlined the Chief Executives/Chief Medical Officers expectations of the new group.
- There is an expectation that in all aspects the group will put patients first.
- The group must ensure a collaborative approach to coordinating care across the region.
- The group will develop standards for consistent treatment, care and support across the region.
- The CES/CMOS will continue to monitor the group.
- The Head and Neck Cancer service is the first service of the cancer tumour streams to undergo this process.
Feedback on the Report Patient support for the report is overwhelmingly positive. There are some concerns about some aspects of the report, and these will be address along with the urgent issues identified by patients.
Terms of Reference
The group adopted a proposed Terms of Reference for working together.
Key Working Groups
Key recommendations of the report will be projects with Working Groups to be established in early 2018.
We will continue to keep you updated on progress and projects.